Okay, so I am always the mom feeling pressure about not letting Spencer eat junk foods or too many preserved foods. I am just trying to instill good habits in him now, while he is young. So, when I came upon this recipe from weelicious.com, I rushed to the store to buy the buttermilk. Not an item I usually have on hand. I made this in the morning while Spencer was in school and could not wait for him to get home to enjoy them! These were easy to make and I will definately be making them again. I only wish I would have taken a photo for y’all. Have a super Friday my friends! xo
Baked Chocolate Cinnamon Cake Doughnuts (Makes 6 doughnuts)
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1 Large Egg
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tsp Milk or Cream
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a standing mixer (or bowl using a hand mixer), cream the butter and sugar.
4. Add the egg, buttermilk and vanilla and combine.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
6. Spoon into greased and floured donut pan.*
7. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
8. To make the icing, place all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
10. Drizzle with frosting and serve.
* If you don’t have a doughnut pan, place the dough in a large Ziploc bag, seal the bag airtight and then cut off a 1/2 inch of one corner. Pipe the dough into (circles) doughnuts on a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.